Friday, January 21, 2011

Jarett journey part 1 cont.......

Jaretts Journey part1cont....
lol~ I love this picture~

When Jarett was born I noticed that when you picked him up a certain way he would cry but I thought Iwas just from being sore  or sometimes baby just did that but you know as a mommy when something doesnt feel right.. so I would talk to his doctors which the doctors I take him too are actually nurse practicioners but they are wonderful with him.. They noticed by doing his well child checks that Jarett was ok but he he had trouble turning his head and they suspected Torticollis but didnt want to just jump in and diagnose him with it until seen a neurologist..
well they showed me some things to do with him as he developed and getting bigger and we could keep an eye on him.. well as time went on I became really ill with my condition and had to be hospitalised for a suregery ,due to a bowell obstruction the very same one that had been plauging me the whole pregnacy and Jarett was  4 mon old and here Iwent into the hospital and during my month stay which was only suppose to be a week but due to fevers and etc they had to keep me.. well April-May-2010 a flood hit where we lived and while I was in the hopsital I was unaware that I too had lost my home but noone wanted to tell me due to the stress they didnt want me to know so noone told me till it was time for me to be released.. then out comes the news !!! wow here I was praying for all these ppl who lost their homes from watching news but odd I never saw the news when they showed camp nelson how odd was that?  and had no idea I too lost mine Iwas devastated  shocked, confused, scared you name it!... which who wouldnt be I lost alot of things I can never get back but... the one thing Im thankful for is my family! I had to move into my grandmothers with Jarett and began to focus on Jarett and his needs and me healing  so with her already helping us during the time I was in hospital with watching Jarett for us she began to notice things about him so when I began staying there her and I teamed up and was like this is what thier saying and this is the exercise she showed me lets not wait and start working with him regardless so when he goes to neurologist we can have a better look.. well that summer I stayed with her while searching for a new place to live trying to hurry up and get my family back in one place we were all scattered like ducks..lol  , you know even in some tragity God brings blessing out of those.. cause even though we lsot our home in a flood and had to move in with my grandmother , she had just lost her mom a month after Jarett was born and Jarett was able to bring her unconditonal love that she needed .. you know children are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven ... his love and complete needing her is what helped her get through some really roght times and he needed her cause his mommy was to sick to be able to for him the way he needed.. seh took car of us both and ill always be thankful for that.. God helps us through times and brings ppl together for all sorts of reasons just to show his love, mercy and grace and that summer I like my grandmother and jarett all got to share that together. well she and I started every morning after breakfast and few time during the day working with hmi getting him to reach for toys, turning his head and really encoureging range of motion and I believe thats what really began to help him so that its not so hard on him now .. he would roll and roll and roll it was the funniest thing to see him get where he needed to go and just roll ..I was so delighted  and would clap with appraisal and he would light up and do it again... Jarett is so enthusiactic about things he does , he loves to be praised { what kid doesnt} lol.... my grandmother which we call mammoo was such an  encourgement to him.  he loved to hear her say awww Jarett I love you thats so good and You did it baby boy , and thats how the name hunneybear came to life caues she would call him her hunneybear~ his dark brown eyes would just light up....lol it was neat to see the love she needed from the lord was coming fast and strong through Jarett.. isnt it neat how God uses lil ones to show how powerful his love can be? its pure and powerful!!!!! wow ! im so thankful to have had time like that ya know cause here I was cut fresh out the hosptial I was unable to lift anything over 10-20 pounds and baby J was everybit of kicking 20 pds easy! sooo her picking him up and helping with bathing and etc and taking him to drs or was such a great stress reliever..
Everymorning Jarett and Mammoo would go outside while  she let me rest and she would sit on swing or water her flowers and she would put him in his walker and let him play and they would watch birds that would fly up on the porch and he would giggle with delight and raise his hands an point with excitement and this too in itself was therapy cause he wa having to turn his head and move his arms.. bless his heart he didnt know he was having therapy he was having a ball outiside till it either would get to hot or playtime was over..
He really enjoys mornings , most kids are crabby and cranky , not him , granted he whines to get ur attention but then when he sees you , that beautiful smile comes across his face and its like awww that is so sweet..
Aug 2010 we moved into our new apt and now were getting in the swing of things and Jarett hadnt learned to crawl yet he would just scoot or roll around like a bowling ball to get where he needed he was 11 mon old when he stareted crawling he would do the army crawl on his belly and use his arms and elbows but he would hold his left leg in the air .. so I videoed it an thats what I use for the Neurologist to see how he learned to crawl and etc.. the muscles in Jaretts legs and ankles are weak just like a newborns or he still has the elasticty in them and you can bend his legs and feet and its like rubber . when he crawls you can see it .. . at this time he wasnt pulling up yet but was working on it lol.. every lil milestone helped... well I still had trouble with my belly since getting out the hosptial statying sick and pain it was horrble so Iwent back to see the surgeon and he ordered me a test and low in behold I got a phone call on a fri night that said we have to do emergency surgery be here tuesday to be preped. so once again here we go.. Lord Why? well Jarett is back n forth from home on weekends to during the week at my grandmothers while im in the hospital for several weeks  cause of my hubbys work schedule it was better that way.. It was diifucult when I came home cause I didnt have anyone here to help me during the day as much I needed cause everyone worked or live to far away But now Idid have my friend Jennifer and my niece come stay with me for a week to just be here in case something happened but for the most part I did things on my own..My niece Keirra came for the weekend to help with anything I needed , bless her heart .
ok.. oct...2010 Jarett started his full blown crawl everywhere ! hes crawling and a crawling and crawling like crazy! wow!!! WE were estatic when he did . kinda like when ur baby takes its first steps .. yeah Jarett is crawling ..I remember tears of joy filling my eyes seeing him smile and modocking as I say across our living room floor when he then relised he was getting somewhere without rolling from side to side lol...
Jarettts started pulling himself up right before his first birthday then when he would stand , he wouldnt stand for long periods of times, this is when First steps program started coming ot ur home talking with us about in home therapy with Jarett , doing exercises and movements to better help him.. ya know theres cases of torticollis that are worse in other children so im glad that Jarett isnt as bad as it ould have been if my grandmother and I hadnt started working with him when we first started noticeing it.He tries to baby his arm and neck from time to time I guess thats when its stiff and hurting him cause he will be more whinny than usual and clingy wanting you to carry him everywhere an really being dependant of you .. for the most part hes mister independant!! lol............... somedays you cant really tell he has torticollis but then theres days when his neck muscles is stiff due to weather change or just being stiff  and he has trouble with it and its more noticeable escpecially when he crawls bless his heart but he doesnt let it hold him back completely.
Now this is January of 2011 and  Jarett is able to crawl more and more and he can climb stairs which the therapist encourages us to let him do several times a day to help him with his muscle strengtheing.. and he can pull himself up and  now able to crawl up on things.. wow ! like I said before he just cant stand for long periods of time... but its exciteing to watch him be just as mobile as any other child .. lol now hes into to trying to crawl and walk at the same time its absolutely halirus to see that.. he looks or reminds me of a spidermonkey .. i just love it.. I was like look honey hes trying to walk .. lol Brian like one day hes going to take off.. We always encourage him to try to walk.... but hes unsure cause he tried letting go of the couch around christmas time to reach for the christmas tree but still kinda hold onto to couch wellll.... that was short lived cause he reached he didnt relise how far it woruld be and he lost his balance and fell head first into the tree!! OHH MYY  My hart about stopped when I saw him go had firstinto the tree and the lights ablinking and ornaments a shaking and after I relised he was ok.. I DIED LAUGHING!!! YES I DID , I DIED LAUGHING   holding my whinning baby .. can u imagine how God sees us from time to time ? You know he gets a humor of us  .. were like a baby to him at times.. . I know what your thinking,, what if he had been hurt ? If he had been hurt NOO I wouldnt laugh at him , but I thought it was funny AFTER KNOWING he was ok.... then thats all I could do is clap my hands for him to even try to let go.. my baby showed bravery!! bless his heart even though it didnt quite work the way he wanted.. lol  the joys of motherhood are great!
hee i still giggle from time to time when I think of that.. The lil accomplishments he makes is wonderful.. and warms my heart......<3 .................

No comments:

Post a Comment